DUE: November 6th, 2023
Purpose: To be able to explain the influence of nutrition on oral health, its relation to dental disease, and total health. Gathering knowledge through this assignment will help you better comprehend and perform a nutritional analysis and comprehensive nutritional counseling.
Task: In a group of three people, you will prepare and present your research findings of a chosen vitamin/mineral group important to oral health. Your group will also turn in a 1-2 page research paper, utilizing proper APA formatting, including in text citations and references list (you must include a title page and reference list with 3-5 reputable references, with a minimum of one academic resource).
The written and oral report must include the following components:
What recommendations would you give to the patient regarding the vitamin or mineral? Such as, foods the patient can consume to ingest the vitamin or mineral.
Selection for Vitamin/Mineral Project: Group and topic selection will be assigned in class.
1. Vitamin A (Retinol), B9 (Folate/ Folic Acid), Sodium
2. Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), B7 (Biotin), Chloride
3. Vitamin D (Calciferol), B6 (Pyridoxine), Calcium, Phosphorus
4. Vitamin E (Alpha-tocopherol), B5 (Panothenic Acid), Iron, Iodine
5. Vitamin K (Phylloquinone), B12 (Cobalamin), Zinc, Magnesium
6. B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), and B3 (Niacin), Potassium